SilabGarza - RS Private Server  
Home Forum Play Register Store Market Highscores Mark Forums Read
Go Back   SilabGarza - RS Private Server > SilabGarza > Suggestions > Suggestions (archive)
Reload this Page Interesting


Interesting
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
GoogleSlayer is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
GoogleSlayer's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,367
Cookies Given: 1,174
Cookies Received: 1,131
Time Online: 167 d 23 h 10 m
   
Default Interesting - 07-06-2014, 11:23 AM

Well, this thread is all about the revival of SilabGarza, which I hope will be one of the few suggestion threads that will be listened too. There's a lot of bug reports, and suggestions about how to make the server more attractive, and I've seen a few good ideas. I thought I'd make a list in order to make things easier for the owners to figure it all out. That's why I don't take any credit for some of the ideas, they all belong to their rightful owners.

Advertisement

We're lacking players, which is obviously a problem for the entire server, not enough donations, small player base to interact with players in game, and so on. That's why I think it's time for some more drastic advertising. We have a great summary on RuneLocus made by Brittany, but it's not spread out enough over the web to actually reach people.

Spoiler


That's the advertisement. Of course it's not complete, I think our Link and Batman suits are worth a notice, and also the prestige system and item reclaiming system are not something you find in every server.

Also, like I said, it needs to spread out more, over multiple forums, every forums actually that has something to do with RSPS. We need to bump it with when updates arrive, to keep it alive on the forums and attractive to other players. This is of course a lot of work, but if someone else than the owner can maintain this (preferably a staff member), I'm sure this will attract loads of fresh players.

Donating

Recently the only option left to donate is Google Wallet. While I'm sure the owners wouldn't do anything to prevent money from coming in, this is a huge setback for server donations. Personally, I've always donated with Onebip, but switched to PayPal, because I knew how little the owners would end up with after Onebip's fees. I'm sure almost 90% of the server has access to PayPal, making it the most attractive way to donate. Now that we're not able to use it, the owners are missing heaps of money. The problem was that we'd get blocked by Paypal by Jagex' instructions because of copyright claims and those things. This prevents the owners from making a Paypal account to let us donate.

However, I see a possibility. You can get someone to set up an account for Paypal (preferably a staff member again) and let them donate on that, so that the staff member in question can pay back everything he receives back to the owners through bank payment. Of course, this is very fraud-sensitive, and if you don't want to resort to staff members, you can always ask real life people to help you out.

This isn't the only way, you can also set up new ways to pay, such as:

https://www.skrill.com/
https://payments.amazon.com/

Just for an example, of course.

Voting

This is a part of advertising, but in a different way. Of course there's a lack of people who're voting, and at some point I can't really blame them anymore. Travis implanted ways to track people who weren't voting, but I believe that's not the answer. There needs to be something that's infinitely attractive to voters, like we have the DXP. No one is ever going to stop voting for it, because there will always be players to skill and gain experience.

Vote tickets aren't. Neither are the rest of the things to vote for. People who wanted 99 prayer have voted twice for dragon bones and stopped.

While there's very little I could come up with besides huge shops with 100+ rewards, so people would always have something to vote for, there is one thing that has crossed my mind; seasonal items.

When you're going to hand out unique items, bound to a certain time limit you can vote for them, people are going to vote because it's a one time thing only. You can split up certain sets to donate, like Santa suits, make for 2 weeks the Santa legs vote-able, next 2 weeks the body.

And of course it doesn't have to be cosmetic all the time, you can add PKer sets like 5 Khazard sets, berserker/warrior/seers/archer rings, and so on. Even magic runes sets, with a random generated amount of runes. You can practically do anything as long as you're keeping a strict limit to the trade-able items entering the economy. We don't want to wreck the economy (again) we've just been reset for.

Note that these items are bought with vote tickets, and not added to the actual site (SilabGarza - Automated Voting Reward System).

PK

As I'm very inexperienced when it comes to PKing, I'll keep this rather short.

We need to improve the access to PKing. This means that people shouldn't have to "slave" monsters in order to gain items to actually start PKing. I've seen great suggestions about bringing back rune sets to the shops, and reducing certain prices to make PKing more accessible. Of course those words have been heard, and there have been updates accordingly, but there's a lot more to do to make it really accessible.

Make items like granite mauls easier to access, the god capes, and wands should have a higher drop rate in order to make bridding easier to start up with.

Perhaps those are dumb ideas, I don't know. Any PKer is welcome to advice and suggest stuff that helps PKing.

PvM

There's heaps of players who like to kill monsters for bank, I'm one of them. The only way to make actual decent money is to kill the wyverns. This is actually the only decent (safe) way to make money, there's nothing else really. That's why I'm coming back on a suggestion to completely get rid of the wyverns in dzone and at ::wyvern. The ones in the wildy need to be more visited, which also helps the revival of PKing.

Of course this is not the only thing that has to be done. We have to make the god wars way more easy, to attract players to there. Everyone keeps saying the old GWD was way better, but I don't believe in that. This new system works like a charm (expect from the bug you lose KC when you log out). The only problem is that it's too hard. I've tried to go with someone else but it just doesn't work. The trust system is something we don't have on RSPS, without loot share there's no way to guarantee people are going to be fair with you and share the loot. The massive hits from GWD should be compared with the healing ability of soulsplit, in full Lunars, just a bit stronger. So people can't camp a boss, but will easily get around 30 kills each inventory of food and potions they bring.

Also, bump up the statistics of the armadyl armour, to make it worthwhile killing.

The Tarn's dad shouldn't be so easily reachable, people can just run back when they die instantly without having to do anything. You should make it a certain fee (like 500k each entry) to join to avoid having this problem. The dragonbone armour should be stronger, stronger that vesta sets, because the way you achieve vesta is beyond easy compared to how you achieve dragonbone armour. A statistics comparison:

Spoiler


As you can see, the dragonbone armour has some stats, but not nearly as good as it comes to offensive bonuses.

But not nearly as bad as the dragonbone mage armour:

Spoiler


It needs a serious buff.

Skilling

Skilling is pretty neat as it it, but it needs more diversions. Mining for example, has not too many rocks to mine. A solution I'd like the see happening is enabling to let players mine all quarries around the map, including those in the wildy (which contain lots of adamant and rune ores).

The fishing of manta rays should be enabled.

The in game skill level guides should be updated:

Spoiler


Runecrafting should be more attractive to skillers, by making the amount of runes retrieved from crafting them higher.



Of course, the advertising and donating suggestions are the main ones on this thread, and I seriously hope some change will be made soon. If you have anything to contribute please post below.

+ I forgot Nater had his own list, sorry for not noticing.




My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)


~Gifts ~
Spoiler

Last edited by GoogleSlayer; 07-06-2014 at 11:27 AM.
  
The Following 10 users gave GoogleSlayer some cookies:
010pure (07-06-2014), 1joshlfc (07-06-2014), Gemz Pamaaj (07-06-2014), Matt (07-06-2014), Moltenfire68 (07-06-2014), Rs Himself (07-06-2014), Run N Fast (07-06-2014), SlimBailey (07-06-2014), Tom (07-06-2014), Xswordstar56 (07-10-2014)
Old
  (#2 (permalink))
L2 SWITCH is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
L2 SWITCH's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,282
Cookies Given: 268
Cookies Received: 710
Time Online: 25 d 1 h 8 m
Clan: napkin boiz
   
Default 07-06-2014, 11:30 AM

mostly support all of this, i believe dragonbone, should have the same stats as vesta however without the degrading, gives it some use instead of a useless aesthetic item.

i will release a balancing thread soon and also update my pvm thread later.


  
The Following User Says Thank You to L2 SWITCH For This Useful Post:
GoogleSlayer (07-06-2014)
Old
  (#3 (permalink))
GoogleSlayer is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
GoogleSlayer's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,367
Cookies Given: 1,174
Cookies Received: 1,131
Time Online: 167 d 23 h 10 m
   
Default 07-06-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2 SWITCH View Post
mostly support all of this, i believe dragonbone, should have the same stats as vesta however without the degrading, gives it some use instead of a useless aesthetic item.

i will release a balancing thread soon and also update my pvm thread later.
Anything beneficial to the server sounds like music in my ears.




My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)


~Gifts ~
Spoiler
  
Old
  (#4 (permalink))
/Backpage is Offline
image
 
/Backpage's Avatar
 
Posts: 432
Cookies Given: 39
Cookies Received: 57
Time Online: 12 d 9 h 1 m
   
Default 07-06-2014, 11:43 AM

Supporting all of this except for when you say rune locus has a good page.

Silabgarza on rune locus is an absolute joke, it lies and doesn't even show the good things about the server, I mean is there really construction in silgar? I think not.

We need to show our skilling, I'm not being sarcastic by saying this but it's the best feature of silabgarza garza, people actually buy and sell skilling supplies and the prestige it's spot on, we should let people know these before they join. There's a big gap in the market for skillers on runescape private servers.
  
The Following 2 users gave /Backpage some cookies:
Gemz Pamaaj (07-06-2014), Pat Is Special Needs (07-06-2014)
Old
  (#5 (permalink))
010pure is Offline
swag
image
 
010pure's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,177
Cookies Given: 97
Cookies Received: 199
Time Online: 31 d 23 h 10 m
   
Default 07-06-2014, 11:52 AM

i wrote this in more depth but went to post and internet went and cba to re-write so will shortly sum up.

on the whole advertising front i think britt should look towards youtube, she doesn't have to fork out money for advertisement on runelocus.

(*) explained underneath
  • host a silabgarza promo contest
  • some changes will be needed, no one will want to see wyverns being slayed and a empty wilderness. pking is the main attraction believe it or not and i dont know why thats not the case here. - host multiple pk events to get clips
  • promo winner gets a reward*
  • then ask the server to upload to youtube or any other sites they are on with a gaming section that may be interested.
  • reward the players for doing so based on number of subscribers/views etc. - i'm only saying so because i don't see many people willing to upload with no incentive, a bit like donating.
  • set basic tags for every video that are mandatory to be included for a reward* - for example; runescape, pking, silab garza, old school, osrs, 317. etc.
at the end you hopefully have tons of the same video in search results promoting people to click it rather than scroll past it.

*'s

Reward; my idea would be voting points(tickets) for the vote shop, give the shop a whole new look with cosmetic wear and untradables as that way the economy is not effected.

support the rest, although as backpage said i feel our runelocus page is lacking and full of shit.
for example
Spoiler


Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipk3r View Post
Hello
do i know you ??
no
bye




  
Old
  (#6 (permalink))
GoogleSlayer is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
GoogleSlayer's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,367
Cookies Given: 1,174
Cookies Received: 1,131
Time Online: 167 d 23 h 10 m
   
Default 07-06-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by /Backpage View Post
Supporting all of this except for when you say rune locus has a good page.

Silabgarza on rune locus is an absolute joke, it lies and doesn't even show the good things about the server, I mean is there really construction in silgar? I think not.

We need to show our skilling, I'm not being sarcastic by saying this but it's the best feature of silabgarza garza, people actually buy and sell skilling supplies and the prestige it's spot on, we should let people know these before they join. There's a big gap in the market for skillers on runescape private servers.
It's not that bad. The construction part said work in progress skills, so it's coming some day.

The base is pretty decent, but like you said, it needs to accentuate some of the better and unique features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 010pure View Post
i wrote this in more depth but went to post and internet went and cba to re-write so will shortly sum up.

on the whole advertising front i think britt should look towards youtube, she doesn't have to fork out money for advertisement on runelocus.

(*) explained underneath
  • host a silabgarza promo contest
  • some changes will be needed, no one will want to see wyverns being slayed and a empty wilderness. pking is the main attraction believe it or not and i dont know why thats not the case here. - host multiple pk events to get clips
  • promo winner gets a reward*
  • then ask the server to upload to youtube or any other sites they are on with a gaming section that may be interested.
  • reward the players for doing so based on number of subscribers/views etc. - i'm only saying so because i don't see many people willing to upload with no incentive, a bit like donating.
  • set basic tags for every video that are mandatory to be included for a reward* - for example; runescape, pking, silab garza, old school, osrs, 317. etc.
at the end you hopefully have tons of the same video in search results promoting people to click it rather than scroll past it.

*'s

Reward; my idea would be voting points(tickets) for the vote shop, give the shop a whole new look with cosmetic wear and untradables as that way the economy is not effected.

support the rest, although as backpage said i feel our runelocus page is lacking and full of shit.
for example
Spoiler
YouTube is a pretty good choice, but I don't think making PKing video's is the only attraction we need to promote SilabGarza. You put PKing on the number 1 place if it's about private servers, but we're not just PKing. We've got more than that.

The quote you disagree with is pretty spot on, there's just no room to fit in everything people want. Also, just because YOU don't get your way, doesn't mean people in general aren't satisfied with the updates.

And of course, sometimes our voices are not heard, but if you were a private server, would you put that up your advertisement thread? I don't think so.




My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)


~Gifts ~
Spoiler
  
Old
  (#7 (permalink))
L2 SWITCH is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
L2 SWITCH's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,282
Cookies Given: 268
Cookies Received: 710
Time Online: 25 d 1 h 8 m
Clan: napkin boiz
   
Default 07-06-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoogleSlayer View Post

YouTube is a pretty good choice, but I don't think making PKing video's is the only attraction we need to promote SilabGarza. You put PKing on the number 1 place if it's about private servers, but we're not just PKing. We've got more than that.

The quote you disagree with is pretty spot on, there's just no room to fit in everything people want. Also, just because YOU don't get your way, doesn't mean people in general aren't satisfied with the updates.

And of course, sometimes our voices are not heard, but if you were a private server, would you put that up your advertisement thread? I don't think so.
its true we are not all pking however i would go as far to say it is by far the largest attraction and what most people look for , thats why utter shit servers that are spawn pk servers are top even though they are coded by a 2 year old.


  
Old
  (#8 (permalink))
Rulez12 is Offline
Old Legend
image
 
Rulez12's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,807
Cookies Given: 7
Cookies Received: 115
Time Online: 24 d 21 h 55 m
Clan: The unknown
   
Default 07-06-2014, 12:34 PM

All are goos exept removing wyvs from dzone and wyvs


  
Old
  (#9 (permalink))
010pure is Offline
swag
image
 
010pure's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,177
Cookies Given: 97
Cookies Received: 199
Time Online: 31 d 23 h 10 m
   
Default 07-06-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoogleSlayer View Post


YouTube is a pretty good choice, but I don't think making PKing video's is the only attraction we need to promote SilabGarza. You put PKing on the number 1 place if it's about private servers, but we're not just PKing. We've got more than that.

The quote you disagree with is pretty spot on, there's just no room to fit in everything people want. Also, just because YOU don't get your way, doesn't mean people in general aren't satisfied with the updates.

And of course, sometimes our voices are not heard, but if you were a private server, would you put that up your advertisement thread? I don't think so.
I think you misunderstood.

I never said to make solely a PK video, I was saying that theres no point making a promo video if we aren't going to show pking, which can't be done because no one steps foot in the wilderness on here. Obviously we're going to show off everything the server has, but events will have to be put in place to promote these things so they don't look dead in the promo. Despite pking being the number one reason for joining a server, i never put it top of the list i was highlighting that if we don't show it off then we're leaving out a huge attraction. Skilling, bosses, etc will need just as much coverage.

On the quote I'll let us have different opinions and just leave it there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipk3r View Post
Hello
do i know you ??
no
bye




  
Old
  (#10 (permalink))
Senior Member
image
 
Pat Is Special Needs's Avatar
 
Posts: 374
Cookies Given: 277
Cookies Received: 280
Time Online: 5 d 20 h 43 m
Clan: Cheeky Nandos
   
Default 07-06-2014, 12:38 PM

Imo it needs to be revised, especially the pk part sure we have a nice little place called wilderness where no one goes except to get a korasi :-)


Just wait for Liam to submit his threads
Hes actually trying to help out so maybe you guys should pay attention because his suggestions are really decent and I couldnt make them better if I tried, maybe only add on or tweak them


:]


  
adsense code2.3
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Interesting

Suggestions (archive)




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
adsense2.6
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

kBank Policy
Posting New Thread: 3 Points
Posting New Reply: 2 Points


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:37 AM.





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.