SilabGarza - RS Private Server  
Home Forum Play Register Store Market Highscores Mark Forums Read
Go Back   SilabGarza - RS Private Server > SilabGarza > Suggestions > Suggestions (archive)
Reload this Page Parallelism - For Travis.


Parallelism - For Travis.
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
Rodrigues is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
Rodrigues's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,556
Cookies Given: 37
Cookies Received: 12
Time Online: 27 d 5 h 20 m
Clan: None.
   
Default Parallelism - For Travis. - 10-09-2014, 06:50 AM

Why you think this would be a good idea: Faster execution timings for dual core processors and up.
How would it improve the server: Less "lag". (If things take longer than 500 - 600ms, lag occurs.)
Who do you think it will help: Everyone with a dual core processor and up.

Is your player/NPC updating procedure parallelized? If not, go do it please. For anyone that does not know what parallelism is, it's when you take advantage of multiple cores/processors for faster execution timing.
For example, if player/NPC updating was parallelized and you had a quad core processor, the timing for sequential would then take 25% of that time if it were parallelized.

Example:
Sequential - 500ms.
Parallelism (quad core) - 125ms. The time is cut into four.

See how well your server can perform is it's parallelized? If it's already parallelized then delete this thread.




^ Thanks, Nigma.


^ Thanks, Devon.


^ Thanks, Xanadu.


^ Thanks, Martin.

In-game/Forums Name - Rodrigues
RS Name - dom platano2

Last edited by Rodrigues; 10-09-2014 at 07:18 AM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#2 (permalink))
L2 SWITCH is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
L2 SWITCH's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,283
Cookies Given: 268
Cookies Received: 710
Time Online: 25 d 1 h 10 m
Clan: napkin boiz
   
Default 10-09-2014, 07:04 AM

he doesnt host the server so i doubt he can do anything like this if not am confused


  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3 (permalink))
Rodrigues is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
Rodrigues's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,556
Cookies Given: 37
Cookies Received: 12
Time Online: 27 d 5 h 20 m
Clan: None.
   
Default 10-09-2014, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2 SWITCH View Post
he doesnt host the server so i doubt he can do anything like this if not am confused
He has full access to the client and server files. He can definitely do this.




^ Thanks, Nigma.


^ Thanks, Devon.


^ Thanks, Xanadu.


^ Thanks, Martin.

In-game/Forums Name - Rodrigues
RS Name - dom platano2
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4 (permalink))
Ahri is Offline
Evil wakes in vengeance
image
 
Ahri's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,325
Cookies Given: 849
Cookies Received: 567
Time Online: 149 d 7 h 25 m
Clan: FBI
   
Default 10-09-2014, 07:16 AM

Sooooo help the community understand better so they don't end up lost like poor Liam


Why you think this would be a good idea:
How would it improve the server:
Who do you think it will help:






Spoiler


  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5 (permalink))
Rodrigues is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
Rodrigues's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,556
Cookies Given: 37
Cookies Received: 12
Time Online: 27 d 5 h 20 m
Clan: None.
   
Default 10-09-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahri View Post
Sooooo help the community understand better so they don't end up lost like poor Liam


Why you think this would be a good idea:
How would it improve the server:
Who do you think it will help:
Done. Thanks for the help. I would also like yours and everyone else's input on whether or not you like this idea. Pitch in please.




^ Thanks, Nigma.


^ Thanks, Devon.


^ Thanks, Xanadu.


^ Thanks, Martin.

In-game/Forums Name - Rodrigues
RS Name - dom platano2
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6 (permalink))
Ahri is Offline
Evil wakes in vengeance
image
 
Ahri's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,325
Cookies Given: 849
Cookies Received: 567
Time Online: 149 d 7 h 25 m
Clan: FBI
   
Default 10-09-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigues View Post
Done. Thanks for the help. I would also like yours and everyone else's input on whether or not you like this idea. Pitch in please.
Well of course if it will help any issues with lag then I'd say go ahead and implement it if it's as simple as it sounds and if it's already added then hey good for us right






Spoiler


  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7 (permalink))
D Kai is Offline
<span style="color: black">Dark eyes of life.</span>
image
 
D Kai's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,362
Cookies Given: 458
Cookies Received: 373
Time Online: 116 d 12 h 6 m
Clan: Imperium Owner
   
Default 10-09-2014, 08:07 AM

I think dont. Just run a stress test with sg. On phone so i cant do it
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8 (permalink))
Gir is Offline
Owner of SilabGarza
image
 
Gir's Avatar
 
Posts: 18,445
Cookies Given: 93
Cookies Received: 1,463
Time Online: 53 d 13 h 12 m
Clan: The Forgotten
   
Default 10-09-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigues View Post
Why you think this would be a good idea: Faster execution timings for dual core processors and up.
How would it improve the server: Less "lag". (If things take longer than 500 - 600ms, lag occurs.)
Who do you think it will help: Everyone with a dual core processor and up.

Is your player/NPC updating procedure parallelized? If not, go do it please. For anyone that does not know what parallelism is, it's when you take advantage of multiple cores/processors for faster execution timing.
For example, if player/NPC updating was parallelized and you had a quad core processor, the timing for sequential would then take 25% of that time if it were parallelized.

Example:
Sequential - 500ms.
Parallelism (quad core) - 125ms. The time is cut into four.

See how well your server can perform is it's parallelized? If it's already parallelized then delete this thread.
was an idea like wat... 3 years ago? i attempted to do it and it just fucked up everything, obviously i didn't do it right
it's not an easy task for me, requires tons of modifications
the stress of the server right now for it's current state is way too low to worry about needing to improve stability.

network utilization: 0.05% peak
cpu usage: 2% peak
http://i.imgur.com/oqwgWxX.png

anyways, concurrency issues bla bla not needed bla bla, idk how bla bla
  
Reply With Quote
adsense code2.3
Reply

Bookmarks

Parallelism - For Travis.

Suggestions (archive)




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
adsense2.6
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

kBank Policy
Posting New Thread: 3 Points
Posting New Reply: 2 Points


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:39 PM.





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.