SilabGarza - RS Private Server  
Home Forum Play Register Store Market Highscores Mark Forums Read
Go Back   SilabGarza - RS Private Server > SilGar Media > Computers > General
Reload this Page Buying Gaming laptop. Help?


Buying Gaming laptop. Help?
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
Xlegit is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
Xlegit's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,206
Cookies Given: 30
Cookies Received: 27
Time Online: 10 d 19 h 2 m
   
Default Buying Gaming laptop. Help? - 05-23-2012, 03:38 PM

So In about two weeks I will be looking into buying a laptop for gaming, the problem is that Im on a budget (500 - $800) and I need to know where I can get the most bang for my buck, my friend recommended me this laptop custom gaming laptops - Welcome to Sager Notebooks

Any suggestions or laptops that I could get? thanks in advance for the help!

*UPDATE* I checked out a bunch of websites and I think I found a good website (xoticpc.com) that offer a good deal on gaming laptops, but still continue to offer advice as I still haven't actually bought anything.

Last edited by Xlegit; 05-24-2012 at 03:22 PM.
  
Old
  (#2 (permalink))
010pure is Offline
swag
image
 
010pure's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,177
Cookies Given: 97
Cookies Received: 199
Time Online: 31 d 23 h 14 m
   
Default 05-23-2012, 03:42 PM

Don't get a gaming laptop...

Gaming computer or don't bother.

The one your friend recommended depends on how you choose to customise it. I would recommend a proper gaming PC, or build your own online. They are usually cheaper than buying them pre-made.

You really want an nvidia or amd graphics card, 64 bit system with i7 processor and atleast 4 gig ram if you want to start anywhere.
A 2TB harddrive isn't too bad either



Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipk3r View Post
Hello
do i know you ??
no
bye





Last edited by 010pure; 05-23-2012 at 03:47 PM.
  
Old
  (#3 (permalink))
Xlegit is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
Xlegit's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,206
Cookies Given: 30
Cookies Received: 27
Time Online: 10 d 19 h 2 m
   
Default 05-23-2012, 03:59 PM

I want a gaming laptop because Im going to use it for gaming and for college, as long as it can play Diablo 3 or Battlefield 2 on mid setting Im good.
  
Old
  (#4 (permalink))
Brendan is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
Brendan's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,003
Cookies Given: 270
Cookies Received: 342
Time Online: 47 d 15 h 1 m
   
Default 05-23-2012, 04:37 PM

Don't get an alienware.

As long as you get a good graphics card (that supports 3D model rendering and shit), at least 8 GB of RAM, maybe a dual or quad core processor. It seems like a lot of power for something that small, but you'll eventually find more games that take up more space and it will last as long as you don't get a virus or some shit.

If you get Alienware, I will smack you.


ball cancer too, douches.
  
Old
  (#5 (permalink))
Xlegit is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
Xlegit's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,206
Cookies Given: 30
Cookies Received: 27
Time Online: 10 d 19 h 2 m
   
Default 05-23-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
Don't get an alienware.

As long as you get a good graphics card (that supports 3D model rendering and shit), at least 8 GB of RAM, maybe a dual or quad core processor. It seems like a lot of power for something that small, but you'll eventually find more games that take up more space and it will last as long as you don't get a virus or some shit.

If you get Alienware, I will smack you.
It was like you were right next to me or some shit, I was checking out the Alienware mx11 R2, I found someone who is willing to sell for $650, but I see your point, so Its better if I buy a "normal" laptop with like an i5 processor and buy a Nvdia graphics card?
  
Old
  (#6 (permalink))
C0mrade is Offline
Zenith Pride

image
 
C0mrade's Avatar
 
Posts: 161
Cookies Given: 1
Cookies Received: 0
Time Online: 2 d 15 h 45 m
Clan: Anarchy
   
Default 05-23-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlegit View Post
So In about two weeks I will be looking into buying a laptop for gaming, the problem is that Im on a budget (500 - $800) and I need to know where I can get the most bang for my buck, my friend recommended me this laptop custom gaming laptops - Welcome to Sager Notebooks

Any suggestions or laptops that I could get? thanks in advance for the help!
clevo/sager is definately the most bang for buck. but i would reccomed ordering off of avadirect. you can highly customize it there and they are very cheap. i bought one off of them and i love my laptop. i can run any game i want with mine. but for your budget i would reccomend a clevo w150 or w110. the only difference between the two is the price tag and the screen size. the w150 is $900 and features a 15" screen while the w110 is around $800 and features a 11" screen. other than that you can run almost ANY game you want on medium/high settings with these laptops. for example diablo 3 will run with max settings on these bad boys.
they pack in a new ivy bridge 3rd gen processor which means extreme performance. plus a great chipset great ram and a nvidia 650m. 650m's pretty serious graphics cards. don't doubt the power of this laptops. they also come with nvidia optimus technology so these high performance graphics cards don't drain your battery. it basically controls how much power the graphics card uses. ( i wouldnt reccomend gaming without it plugged in or you will only get 45 minutes of battery life but on normal conditions you can get up to 4 hours of battery life without gaming. you can also customize these laptops with different hard drives so it comes stock with a 7200rpm 750gb hard drive. these are very fast and have plenty of space for a laptop. or what i like to do for the extra money is i put in a 250gb solid state drive which makes the laptop blazing fast. this laptop comes with everything you need basically i highly reccomend it. here is the links. https://www.avadirect.com/Quick-Ship-Gaming-Notebooks
they are the first 2


  
Old
  (#7 (permalink))
IRant is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
IRant's Avatar
 
Posts: 863
Cookies Given: 4
Cookies Received: 25
Time Online: 27 d 9 h 27 m
Clan: TROLLS
   
Default 05-24-2012, 01:31 PM

'Gaming' and 'laptops' don't go well together. Just buy a hardware, build your own desktop, and then lug it around. That's what I do.



  
Old
  (#8 (permalink))
Xlegit is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
Xlegit's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,206
Cookies Given: 30
Cookies Received: 27
Time Online: 10 d 19 h 2 m
   
Default 05-24-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0mrade View Post
clevo/sager is definately the most bang for buck. but i would reccomed ordering off of avadirect. you can highly customize it there and they are very cheap. i bought one off of them and i love my laptop. i can run any game i want with mine. but for your budget i would reccomend a clevo w150 or w110. the only difference between the two is the price tag and the screen size. the w150 is $900 and features a 15" screen while the w110 is around $800 and features a 11" screen. other than that you can run almost ANY game you want on medium/high settings with these laptops. for example diablo 3 will run with max settings on these bad boys.
they pack in a new ivy bridge 3rd gen processor which means extreme performance. plus a great chipset great ram and a nvidia 650m. 650m's pretty serious graphics cards. don't doubt the power of this laptops. they also come with nvidia optimus technology so these high performance graphics cards don't drain your battery. it basically controls how much power the graphics card uses. ( i wouldnt reccomend gaming without it plugged in or you will only get 45 minutes of battery life but on normal conditions you can get up to 4 hours of battery life without gaming. you can also customize these laptops with different hard drives so it comes stock with a 7200rpm 750gb hard drive. these are very fast and have plenty of space for a laptop. or what i like to do for the extra money is i put in a 250gb solid state drive which makes the laptop blazing fast. this laptop comes with everything you need basically i highly reccomend it. here is the links. https://www.avadirect.com/Quick-Ship-Gaming-Notebooks
they are the first 2
cookies for you my good sir, I will definitely take your advice and see what I can get

OH MY GOD this website is friggen awsome, the computers are so cheap I might comeback later for a custom desktop computer when I save up more money. Thanks again

Last edited by Xlegit; 05-24-2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: st00fz
  
Old
  (#9 (permalink))
Ries is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
Ries's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,198
Cookies Given: 0
Cookies Received: 22
Time Online: 24 d 18 h 11 m
Clan: W.I.N Co-owner
   
Default 05-24-2012, 02:17 PM

You're honestly better off saving your money until you can get a gaming PC. Just because you're going to be in college doesn't mean you can't have a proper computer. Laptops aren't very good for gaming. Sure, you could always dump money into a working gaming laptop, but they never can compete against an actual PC.

tl;dr

Don't get a gaming laptop. Get a proper PC.





Spoiler


[Josh] [Roman] [Steven] [Steele] [Wyatt] [Jaden] [Becky] [Brendan]
  
Old
  (#10 (permalink))
IRant is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
IRant's Avatar
 
Posts: 863
Cookies Given: 4
Cookies Received: 25
Time Online: 27 d 9 h 27 m
Clan: TROLLS
   
Default 05-24-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlegit View Post
cookies for you my good sir, I will definitely take your advice and see what I can get

OH MY GOD this website is friggen awsome, the computers are so cheap I might comeback later for a custom desktop computer when I save up more money. Thanks again
Have fun spending money on the brand name.



  
adsense code2.3
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Buying Gaming laptop. Help?

General




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
adsense2.6
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:41 PM.





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.