SilabGarza - RS Private Server  
Home Forum Play Register Store Market Highscores Mark Forums Read
Go Back   SilabGarza - RS Private Server > SilGar Media > Computers > Help
Reload this Page Like, wtf is wrong with my internet?


Like, wtf is wrong with my internet?
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
IntellzJr is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
IntellzJr's Avatar
 
Posts: 498
Cookies Given: 0
Cookies Received: 97
Time Online: 8 d 21 h 31 m
   
Default Like, wtf is wrong with my internet? - 08-17-2012, 06:42 AM

Normally I have around 30ms ping, my download speed is around 10, and the upload is about 1.5. The past two days it's been shitty.



My father and I aren't downloading anything, and we're not doing anything else to cause the speeds to go down like this. We've been paying the bill, and this JUST started occuring.

We only run about 3-4 bots on RS, normally it doesn't lag like this.

Could it be my ISP or is there something wrong with the modem/router?




  
Old
  (#2 (permalink))
PkerTdm is Offline
image
 
PkerTdm's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,255
Cookies Given: 0
Cookies Received: 76
Time Online: 19 d 12 h 15 m
Clan: Imperium Pvm/Er
   
Default 08-17-2012, 07:05 AM

Try reseting your router.
  
Old
  (#3 (permalink))
Super Jay is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
Super Jay's Avatar
 
Posts: 698
Cookies Given: 11
Cookies Received: 42
Time Online: 9 d 9 h 4 m
   
Default 08-17-2012, 07:18 AM

It could be your router, often companies do just have poor routers when it comes down to it. Mine for example, is good generally, but has the worst wireless you could imagine. Which gets annoying when I am using say my Ipod for some browsing or downloading of songs.

They could also be doing some work in your area, in terms of laying down new lines and such, if so, you should either receive an e-mail about that, or it should be up on your providers website etc.

Also, do you know whether you have a per month cap on how much broadband you have? Some deals mean you only have a certain amount of broadband available per month, where it could (after you go over the limit) either continue to function normally but then mean your account with the provider incurs a charge for the overuse, OR the speed is then dropped significantly until the next month.



BIG thank you to Shane for this awesome sig!
  
Old
  (#4 (permalink))
209 is Offline
Moment of Truth.

image
 
209's Avatar
 
Posts: 145
Cookies Given: 2
Cookies Received: 2
Time Online: 1 d 7 h 14 m
   
Default 08-17-2012, 07:21 AM

Yeah, this also could be because of weak signals from your cable lines, I had mine checked lately because internet was slow, seemed to help a bit. :L


Faith is to believe what you do not see;
the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
  
Old
  (#5 (permalink))
IntellzJr is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
IntellzJr's Avatar
 
Posts: 498
Cookies Given: 0
Cookies Received: 97
Time Online: 8 d 21 h 31 m
   
Default 08-17-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jay View Post
It could be your router, often companies do just have poor routers when it comes down to it. Mine for example, is good generally, but has the worst wireless you could imagine. Which gets annoying when I am using say my Ipod for some browsing or downloading of songs.

They could also be doing some work in your area, in terms of laying down new lines and such, if so, you should either receive an e-mail about that, or it should be up on your providers website etc.

Also, do you know whether you have a per month cap on how much broadband you have? Some deals mean you only have a certain amount of broadband available per month, where it could (after you go over the limit) either continue to function normally but then mean your account with the provider incurs a charge for the overuse, OR the speed is then dropped significantly until the next month.
I've tried resetting my router last night. Nothing happened. It went back to this laggy PoS. I don't think we have a BB cap on how much we can use per month. This has never happened before, including months of just downloading as much as I can. Maybe they are laying down new shit in the area, but I will probably call them a bit later to check it out.




  
Old
  (#6 (permalink))
Super Jay is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
Super Jay's Avatar
 
Posts: 698
Cookies Given: 11
Cookies Received: 42
Time Online: 9 d 9 h 4 m
   
Default 08-17-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntellzJr View Post


I've tried resetting my router last night. Nothing happened. It went back to this laggy PoS. I don't think we have a BB cap on how much we can use per month. This has never happened before, including months of just downloading as much as I can. Maybe they are laying down new shit in the area, but I will probably call them a bit later to check it out.
Honestly that will be the best option, most providers offer free call out for their broadband/routers.

If not, they can probably go over it with the phone for you. Ultimately they will have the best information to give you, so I am confident it will be easily resolved.



BIG thank you to Shane for this awesome sig!
  
Old
  (#7 (permalink))
IntellzJr is Offline
Senior Member
image
 
IntellzJr's Avatar
 
Posts: 498
Cookies Given: 0
Cookies Received: 97
Time Online: 8 d 21 h 31 m
   
Default 08-17-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jay View Post


Honestly that will be the best option, most providers offer free call out for their broadband/routers.

If not, they can probably go over it with the phone for you. Ultimately they will have the best information to give you, so I am confident it will be easily resolved.
Well, my ping lowered a bit without having to call them. My download speed also bumped up to 3.33-ish. I'm noticing the increase in speed, RuneScape has become a bit less laggy because the ping dropped by half.



Currently at 256 ping, it seems to be semi-stable around the 200-300 area. It's still not as low as it normally gets. 30-40 consistent. I'll wait for further changes in the stability of the speed.




  
adsense code2.3
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Like, wtf is wrong with my internet?

Help




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
adsense2.6
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:44 AM.





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.